Norwich Trails schedules work days Spring through Fall, each having a focus which can be general trail maintenance (clearing brush, refreshing waterbars) or a specific short-term project (building a small bridge, or placing stones). Everyone can help, no particular skills required, all ages welcomed!
Have a favorite trail which you use regularly? Help keep the trail maintained by reporting conditions requiring attention (missing sign, recent blowdown) or suggesting improvements (drainage, treadway hardening). To report a trail issue, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work day stories:
- Gile Mountain Trail: September 19
- Brown Schoolhouse Bridge: June 23
- Upper Ballard Trail: June 13
- Upper Loveland Trail: May 16
- Lower Ballard Trail: November 13 and 14
- Brown Schoolhouse Bridge site: September 12 and 20
- Upper Ballard Trail: August 23
- Upper Ballard Trail: July 12
- Heyl Trail: June 6
- Converse loop: May 9
Find links to the 2020 infrastructure survey and other, individual trail surveys at Trail surveys.
Read about the guidelines we use in developing and maintaining our trails, here.
Appalachian Trail Corridor
A history, regarding the authorization of side trails within the Appalachian Trail Corridor, is here.