Here in the Upper Valley we enjoy the outdoors. There are many walkers among us, who ply loops around the downtown area and along the dirt roads in our hills. There are young families who enjoy recreation at Huntley Meadows. There are those who enjoy hiking, mountain biking and winter travel on Norwich’s extensive trail network. All these activities maintain fitness and a good outlook on life.
The Norwich Recreation Department organized a Tour of the Trails – Winter Edition. It featured the following winter outings:
- Saturday, February 13th – Nordic at Night
- Sunday, February 14th – Sweetheart Snowshoe
- Thursday, February 18th – Norwich Trails Volunteers Advanced Snowshoe
- Saturday, February 20th – Nordic at Night
- Sunday, February 21st – Norwich Women’s Club Beginner’s Snowshoe
- Wednesday, February 24th – Norwich Trails Volunteers Advanced Snowshoe
- Friday, February 26th – Nordic at Noon
- Saturday, February 27th – Nordic at Night
Discover Norwich Trails in 2020 was a program of guided Discovery Hikes to introduce the people of the Upper Valley, and especially Norwich, to our trails network.
Please note that registration at firstname.lastname@example.org was required for each guided hike, due to the limit on participation of ten people, plus two leaders in a group.
Those wishing to do a self-guided hike may still do so. To learn how to receive a Norwich Trails Committee logo sticker, email email@example.com. Put “Self-guided” in header of your email and we’ll inform you of where to pick up your sticker.
2020 Discovery Hikes
|Hike||Dates for guided hikes||Mileage||Uphill (ft)||Map|
|Hazen Trail||May 30||3.2||260||10|
|Parcel 5||June 27||3.1||380||5|
|Lower Ballard Trail||July 25||3.1||200||4|
|Upper Ballard Trail||August 29||2.0||300||4|
|Cossingham Loop||September 26||4.1||580||9|