The following guidelines will help assure that your group will have an enjoyable, safe time on Norwich Trails and will respect the environment that you walk through and the experiences of those whom you encounter.
- Group size: ten (maximum plus leaders)
- Leaders: two, or more (one keeping track of the front—the leader—and the other of the back—the sweep)
- Vehicle size: 15 passengers (maximum). No school buses, please.
- Carpool: Assemble the group away from the trailhead (Huntley Meadow has good parking) and fit participants into the minimum number of vehicles, practical.
- Parking: Park in trailhead parking lot only. Park compactly to preserve space for other vehicles. Do not park on the road.
- Ticks: Tick-borne diseases include anaplasmosis, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, and Lyme disease. Some may be transmitted immediately upon receiving a tick bite. Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, tucked into socks. Use DEET insect repellent.
Herbert A. Durfee, III, Town Manager